Thursday

Illustrated Ink - featured artist

VIDA from Illustrated Ink

 
The favorite materials of artist Leila Hijazi are acrylics, vintage, wood and plaster.
I thought it was best to let her explain in her own words:

"I love creating one-of-a-kind pieces that convey the beauty of traditional tattoo design and dark folk art. My pieces are influenced by a mix of old school tattoos, "Dia de los Muertos", Catholic imagery, and myth. I put a lot of love and effort into each of my original works.
"VIDA" (Life) - This image was inspired by old school tattoo design and Mexican folk art. I chose a bee to represent life, since it's always flying about (busy as a bee!) and collecting nectar from vibrant flowers.
This is a reproduction of my original painting. It's an open edition print. The original painting was done on watercolor paper (I "aged" the paper to appear as old tattoo flash). It was created with watercolor, markers, and ink."
See more at her Etsy store.
Visit her amazing website.
Check out her interesting blog tattoo tales


2 comments:

Illustrated Ink said...

Thank you so much for the feature! I love bees!! :)

Georgie B said...

love your work